Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A little bit of venting...

I feel as though my world at school has been turned upside down! We had an emergency faculty meeting last week (first, I want to say that emergency faculty meeting is NEVER a good thing....last year I found out big changes were being made which was causing my department chair to leave :( )

I was in NO hurry to find out what news would come from this meeting. Just as I suspected...we had a Math teacher and an ELA teacher pulled from our campus to be reassigned elsewhere! I was like what the heck?!?! We test in all three grade levels with both of those contents....

I felt bad for those two new, first year teachers...they worked so hard setting up their classrooms and putting in so much effort to bond with their students...all for nothing. Last week we had to say good bye to our 6th grade math teacher...

This being my first year as department chair with so many first year teachers in my department was stressful enough...throw in this and I felt as though my world was collapsing. I am a firm believer that God will only give you what you can handle (and right now I feel he believes I can handle ALOT!). I am thankful for all the support I have and the encouraging words I hear from my husband, family and friends; I don't know where I would be without that. 

Our Math department has a lot of obstacles to overcome this year...but I know that with dedication we will perservere through all of this.

With all that being said...My 8th grade math class song is this:

You held me down, but I got up (HEY!)
Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder gonna shake the ground
You held me down, but I got up (HEY!)
Get ready cause I’ve had enough
I see it all, I see it now

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You’re gonna hear me roar
-Katy Perry


This song came out at just the time I needed it :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment