Saturday, September 7, 2013

First week!

What a week! I forgot how crazy it can be :) 

My kiddos have enjoyed their first week back at school and they absolutely love their teachers.! They got back into the wake up early in the morning routine down and that makes for one happy mommy!

My first week was great too! It seems that this years group of kids are going to be great :) We have been hitting it hard with math already and they can already tell you when our STAAR Math test is. 
With all of the new rules, new teachers, new principal, and my new position on campus things have been going kind of hectic for me this week. 

Monday: First day of school. I wanted to be apart of my kiddos first day of school; I was able to walk them in and sit with them for about 10 minutes and then my parents had to take over because me and my husband both had to work. 

Tuesday: My husband was coming off of shift so my dad had to come to my house super early to watch the kiddos and get them off to school because I had a meeting bright and early for our campus leadership team.

Wednesday: Fairly easy morning and the day was a blur

Thursday: My first Math Department Meeting as Dept. Chair

Friday: Thank God it's Friday!

Needless to say with it being the first week of school and meetings this week I had NO time to plan! So I spent my Sunday doing just that!

But first...before I did that...I had to finish a summer project that I started (the first week after school let out). My husband and I ripped up all our carpet so we could put laminate flooring down. I had this brilliant idea that we should pain the living room because it desperately needed it...so I started putting putty in all the holes. Once we finished the flooring I had no energy to paint!
So this is what the room looked like:

You can see the white spots and you can see where I started to test paint colors on the wall...
Now I did put the room back together but this was the only picture I had with the wall issues.

I am happy to report that as of today it looks like this

still a work in progress but the walls are SOOOOO much BETTER!


Until Next time,
The Math Diva :)



No comments:

Post a Comment